- Linux (Tested on CentOS 7.9)
Compatible Maya versions
|Maya 2018 - 2022||Maya 2023||Maya 2024|
Windows - System requirements
Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015-2022 is a part of the native Maya installation. In most cases, no action is required to use Mansur-Rig in Maya. In some rare cases (incomplete Maya installation), if missing this component needs to be installed manually.
Maya 2022, 2023 requirements
- Mansur-Rig requires a native Maya python module - PyMel. For an unknown reason, Maya 2022 (and above) installation has this module for Python 3 presented as an optional feature. Worse then that, it is un-checked by default:
- In case you installed Maya 2022 (and above) without this checked, Mansur-Rig manu would not show up once you install it. To check whether you have this component installed, simply run 'import pymel.core' (without the qoutes) in a Python tab within Maya's script editor. if an error is logged, it means this reuqired component is NOT installed, and Mansur-Rig will not function. If this is the case for you, you have a few options available to resolve this issue:
- Install PyMel for Python 3 on an existing Maya installation using this guide.
- Re-installing Maya, making sure you tick the PyMel checkbox.
Maya 2024 requirements
- Mansur-Rig requires a native Maya python module - PyMel. For an unknown reason, Maya 2024 no longer presents PyMel module installation as an option for users.
- Please use the following guide to install it: